Our Covid-19 Safety Procedures
As we remain open to support families with their childcare needs throughout this latest stage of the pandemic, we wanted to share with you all the necessary steps we are taking to safeguard children, parents, carers and staff.
- Staff are changing into their uniform on arrival at nursery and out of it on departure from nursery. This is classed as first level PPE.
- Although it is not a government requirement for staff to wear masks in the settings, as an added precaution to ensure safety for all, Children 1st updated policy states that all staff are to wear a visor at all times whilst in the setting.
- Masks and visors to be worn by all staff when moving around the building.
- Each nursery has 2 drop off and collection points to make things easier for parents and carers, you will not be able to enter the building. All parents/carers should be encouraged to use Q-Bell app to limit queuing.
- Parents must observe the protocols for appropriate distancing and hand sanitizing when dropping off or collecting their child.
- Parents are asked to limit drop off and pick up to one parent per family. (Parent must be well and symptom free)
- We will stagger the drop off and collection timings to avoid a queue of families waiting to drop children, and we appreciate your cooperation
- Staff to continue to use facial visors and masks for handover of children between staff and parent/carer during drop off and collection, to minimize risks.
- Parents/carers to wear masks at drop off/pickup.
- Sanitising stations are in place outside nurseries. Also outside, sun cream (during the summer) has been made available for parents to use on their own children and umbrellas are provided in case of rain.
- More frequent hand washing for staff and children is being actively encouraged and hand sanitisers are available.
- We have talked with the children about why we are doing this and how to wash hands properly.
- We continue to ensure that our cleaning and hygiene practices meet the highest standards. Enhanced deep cleaning schedules ensure that frequently touched surfaces are cleaned regularly and throughout the day
- Children and staff have been organised to work within a “nursery bubble” in order to minimise social contact. These groups work together as consistently as possible, helping to minimise contact with other groups.
- Nurseries are capitalising on the use of their outdoor spaces for fun and learning.
- Chairs around tables are kept to a minimum to support social distancing.
- If a child becomes unwell whilst at nursery an isolation room is provided whilst we wait for parents or carers to come and collect. PPE is provided for staff and the room will have an opening window and separate bathroom where possible.
- Staggered lunch breaks for staff and extra areas have been provided so they can maintain social distancing.
- Staff have received training on strategies to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and risk assessments are in place.
To help us keep our nurseries as safe as possible, we ask that parents and carers play their part by following government guidelines if they have Covid-19 symptoms.
Anyone displaying coronavirus symptoms or who lives with someone who does, must not attend nursery under any circumstances. In the event that your child develops coronavirus symptoms, we ask all parents and carers to ensure they organise a test for their child and notify us immediately of a positive test.
Above all, we want you to be confident in bringing your children to nursery. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We would like to thank you for your ongoing messages of thanks and positivity.
Everyone at Children 1st continue to be delighted in welcoming your children to nursery and continue to look forward to sharing happy times and creating wonderful memories.