Nursery Nurse – Leek
Children 1st is an award winning family run group of nurseries; we offer great career opportunities in nursery nursing within the highest quality caring environment for our children.
An opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Nursery Nurse to join our well established Nursery Team in Leek on a Full Time basis, with working patterns between the hours of 7:30 am - 6:00 pm, 5 days a week.
- Have NNEB, BTEC, NVQ3, EYE, or an equivalent childcare/teaching qualification;
- have at least 2 years previous experience with children ages 0-5 years;
- possess a Paediatric first aid certificate;
- work well as a member of a team and are used to working within the policies and procedures expected within our environment;
- provide high standards of care and education;
- can work flexibly to meet the needs of the children;
- can communicate effectively and professionally with children, parents and your team colleagues;
- have a working knowledge of the EYFS, planning and assessment systems and;
- take an active role ensuring the Safeguarding and Health and Safety of all the children and staff you work with:
we would love to hear from you, although our children do have a few other requests:
- Have a smile that feels like home.
- Laugh every single day; (you must of course be able to laugh at jokes you don't understand, or you don't find funny!); spontaneous silliness is a must.
- Singing, whether in tune or not is a daily given; the louder the better!
- Give the best cuddles and have plenty of these to spare each day.
- Memorise stories by heart (and to give silly voices to each character is an extra bonus!)
- Multi-tasking is vital, you will often find yourself, wiping a nose, giving a cuddle and creating a stickle brick house all in one go!
- Turn “junk” into a spectacular masterpiece!
Most importantly, you will be an example of love in its truest form, loving these children unconditionally and showing them that the world is, indeed, full of wonderful people as there is simply no other job quite like this one.
If the above sounds like you and if you have the passion and aptitude for working with children please apply to work with us.
Hourly starting rates: £6.60 to £8.31
Please note: Due to the nature of this role the successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and provide references satisfactory to Children 1st.