Apprentice Nursery Nurse – Toton
Children 1st @ Toton
This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding team and to be trained as a nursery nurse with a multi award winning nursery group, contributing to a high quality caring environment for children. Your post would be as an apprentice and you would be employed throughout the duration of the qualification.You must be 16 + with Functional/Key Skills L1 or above. We create a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Please note this is a full time position.
- To work with children
- To attend training
- To complete all assignments set
- To be part of the team
- To attend and participate in mentoring/training activities
Responsible To:Mentor / Nursery Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To attend training and complete assignments on time
- To attend team meetings and input ideas
- Under supervision to provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding, outdoor play, creative activities
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery
- To be aware of the nursery's confidentiality policy.
- Support all staff and engage in good team work
- To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, summer graduation, Christmas party etc.
As part of our interview process, dependent on your previous experience and qualifications, you may be invited to spend a week with us in nursery (you will be paid for this), this is a great way to get to know us and the children and a lovely opportunity to see how wonderful nursery life is.
If you are interested in working with children and would like to begin your career with an awarding nursery group - Children 1st @ Breedon House, please apply via Indeed, or post your application to: Mayfield House, 1 Nottingham Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 1HQ.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £8,112.00 /year