Apprentice Nursery Nurse – Newark
Apprentice Nursery Nurse
Children 1st is an award winning family run group of nurseries; we offer progressive career opportunities in nursery nursing within the highest quality caring environment for our children.
Our day nursery in Newark is located on Muskham Road (A616), under 10 minutes’ walk from Newark Castle train station, please use google maps to confirm that the travel/ journey to the nursery is suitable prior to applying. If the journey is 50 minutes or more then it will not be suitable.
It is an Ofsted ‘outstanding’ nursery having plenty of character with themed rooms that are light and airy, providing lots of space in which our children can play and learn. The nursery also benefits from an expansive garden area.
Our Apprenticeships are completed on a Full-Time basis of 40 hours, with various working patterns falling between the hours of 7:30 am - 6:00 pm, 5 days a week.
- Are 16 or over, have a passion for children and an aptitude for learning:
- Minimum requirements to apply for this role are English and Maths GCSE grades 2 or E or above OR Functional Skills Level 1 or above.
- are able to commit to a full apprenticeship programme;
- are patient and friendly
- can work well as a member of a team;
- can communicate comfortably with children, parents and team-mates;
- have a good sense of humour;
- can memorise stories by heart (and give silly voices to each character for an extra bonus!);
- can wipe a nose, give a cuddle and create a stickle brick house all in one go; and
- can turn “junk” into a spectacular masterpiece;
Then we have a superb opportunity for you to join our great team as an aspiring nursery nurse.
Some of the Key Benefits of our Apprenticeship programme mean that you:
- Can earn a salary whilst gaining a qualification;
- receive paid holidays and bank holidays;
- can join the pension scheme;
- receive free on-going training;
- can gain additional qualifications;
- will learn job-specific skills and gain experience in a children’s day care environment
- qualify for discounted childcare at our nurseries
- will have a mentor and/or assessor throughout your training
- will attend team meetings and have the opportunity to input ideas
- are invited to attend the summer graduation, Christmas party and Annual Awards ceremony.
As part of our interview process, (dependent on your previous experience and qualifications), you may be invited to spend a paid week with us in our nursery; this is a great way to get to know us and the children and is also a lovely opportunity for you to see how wonderful nursery life is. There is simply no other job quite like this!
Normal apprentice rates according to age apply - currently starting at £8,944.00 per annum.
If you are offered a post, you will be employed as an apprentice throughout the duration of the qualification. A successfully completed apprenticeship could then lead to permanent employment at Children 1st, with the opportunity of a progressive career in childcare.
Please note: Due to the nature of this role the successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and provide references satisfactory to Children 1st.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, if we have not replied within 7 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
By applying for this vacancy, you have given your consent to share your information with the employer on this advert in order for your grades to be confirmed on the HM Government Personal Learning Record Service. Where grades can not be confirmed, certificates will need to be provided by the applicant.